About Church Initiative
Church Initiative is a nondenominational, nonprofit ministry serving more than 16,000 churches worldwide. From its headquarters in Wake Forest, North Carolina, the ministry creates and publishes video-based curriculums to help churches minister to people experiencing life crises. Church Initiative programs include GriefShare, DivorceCare, Single & Parenting and DC4K (DivorceCare for Kids).
Church Initiative is committed to producing small group resources that are
- Biblically based
- Designed for ministry conducted through the local church
Our mission is to create biblical, Christ-centered resources that mobilize lay people to help hurting people within the context of the local church.
Here's the twofold strategy we use to carry out our mission:
- Development of Christ-centered, biblical, video-based curriculums
- Provision of free, ongoing, consulting support to churches and ministry leaders
- To see churches help divorced and grieving people and single parents heal and find hope.
- To see churches engage in effective outreach and grow numerically.
- To see nonbelievers realize that apart from a relationship with Christ, they will never experience true healing.
- To see nonbelievers place their faith in Christ for the forgiveness of sin as a result of hearing the gospel in a church context.
- To see Christ-followers realize they have access to God's resources and experience complete healing from the pain of divorce and grief.
- To see people realize that God often uses tragedy and suffering to help us grow.
- To provide churches with resources that equip lay leaders to pursue their ministry passion and utilize their God-given ministry gifts with excellence.